The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Great GREAT finds...

I have a new obsession: BUFFALO EXCHANGE (and yes, that obsession is in Brooklyn). OK, Ok, I know... for anyone in the know, Buffalo and Beacon's (both thrift stores in BK) are old news, but I had not been to either one... until Monday.

Nick wanted me to go to Buffalo with him to make some girl that he has a crush on jealous (oh, boys...) after his class on Monday. I figured, cool, I will sift through some racks and see a bunch of stuff I can live without... boy was I wrong! Within a few minutes of being there, I found my DREAM winter coat! it is was so perfect I wanted to scream... and then when I saw that the price was only $20... I almost passed out! This coat is beyond rad! It's electric blue wool with purple buttons and a fur collar- and hits below my knees- a cut oh so necessary for when the NY wind starts to blow! Nick and I both agree that I will be the talk of the LES in my new coat.

In addition to my unbelievable coat, I got the following items:
* Red silk blouse with mandarin collar
* Red, white, blue stripe Luella blazer
* White and Blue sailor sweater (which I wore on the street today and was stopped by a fash photographer to take my pic)

In addition to selling gems, they also BUY your old clothes too!
For a good time, check out Buffalo Exchange on Driggs Ave.

http://www.buffaloexchange.com/locations.php?Region_ID=26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wanna see your coat! that place sounds awesome...i'll have to check it out sometime

-danika

Blog Archive