The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

AUTUMN SAYS

YESTERDAY I assisted Keegan on a Vogue features shoot. The subject was Jane Herman... apparently in addition to being a witty writer, she's super cute, but I guess we could have already assumed that... she works at Vogue.

LAST NIGHT I met Jordan for dinner and a drink at Blockheads in her neighborhood (Murray Hill). She filled me in on all the gossip about her new neighborhood crush, and quite frankly, I am jealous! All of my friends have these new spring flings, and comparatively, I feel like an old lady... a BORING old lady at that!



TODAY
I thought I'd give myself a semi- break and not go to the gym or worry about waking up early. The thing about not waking up early is that I always end up feeling unproductive when I do it. Somehow, I tend to forget this the night before when I make a mental not to not set my alarm clock. So I slept in a little past noon and I woke up to all of these text messages and emails about work. It never ends...

I also had a few interesting texts from Kat telling me that she heard through the MYSPACE-GRAPEVINE that MY neighbor crush is looking for a room mate. I am so tempted to send Nick in under the false (well actually somewhat very true) pre-tenses that he is looking for a place...

Upon finding out that the crush has a room available, I texted YanSze to see if she was interested, but it's out of her price range... besides, what a creepster idea anyway, right?

After a few text convos with friends, I ended up organizing my room (boring, I know... but always a feat for me) And then ran around the LES doing a few personal errands.

ON A RANDOM NOTE I am very perplexed at the Cake Shop's new table service. There is a very pretty, amazon type (with tatoos) that now walks around to the tables fetching beers and mixed drinks. I must say that this service makes me nervous and almost makes me feel forced to buy more stuff (I am sure this is what they are going for), but I mean, can't I just pay a few bucks for my chai and stay here a few hours doing work on my computer without feeling like a homeless person who is not continuously buying a new coffee or partaking in the happy hour? PLEASE?

No comments:

Blog Archive