The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Balenciaga MANIA!

So I for one have ALWAYS been a huge fan of what I like to call "Prep School Geek Chic". Amidst the trends of the past and present, I always find a way to incorporate it into my wardrobe every season. For fall, Nicolas Ghesquiere has made my heart race with his interpretation of one of my favorite trends for Balenciaga.

If ONLY I could AFFORD Balenciaga! (hmmmm... do they have SAMPLE SALES!?!) I am seriously lusting after the entire fall collection: think tight form fitting blazers,insignias, a new Balenciaga signature scarf (very boho chic), fur collars, TURQUISE TIGHTS!, and some oh myyyy HIGH heels.



Also take note of the eye make up. It is very playful and almost superhero-esque. I love it! The make-up and idea behind the look is very reminiscent of one of my favorite movies: The Smokers.

Although I may not be brave enough to waer the make-up to work, I will no doubt be doing my own take of the look with Jcrew Jackets and vintage scarfs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only i could afford (insert about 50 awesome designers here)! can you believe how cold it is here today?! it's making me want to already buy a fall trenchcoat...and the other day i fell in love with a wool belted coat by marni that i saw in a magazine--i don't even want to guess how much it is!

-danika

Autumn said...

I love Marni! You should check out the Barneys sale. I saw a lot of Marni when I went.

Blog Archive