The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thrifty Finds!

The weather is New York is so fickle! Just last week it was freezing and now it has heated back up again!

Last week our office closed due to construction which gave me a good 2 days to myself. Luckily for me, Evan was in town AND I was also house sitting in Greenwich Village, so it felt like a mini vacay for me. On one of said days to myself, I actually showed up to the office ready to work, but was sent away because... well, I couldn't even get to my desk! On my way back to Greenwich, I stopped in at the Salvation Army in Chelsea and found this amazing faux fur coat that I bought for $10! It is uber cute and VERRRY Factory Girl-esque. Buying a big coat on a day in August in New York City may seem a little crazy, but keep in mind, I was also wearing a turtleneck!

When I got back to the apartment Evan and I went out for a day rambling in the city. Since the Barneys Warehouse sell is going on (through September 3 at 17th between 7th and 8th) of course I wanted to stop by! My observation about the sell.... OVERWHELMING! Maybe if I didn't have my boyfriend there and Nick (who met up with us) I would have been able to enjoy it more. I saw a lot of shoes that I would like to buy and may go back for at the first of the month (when I get paid).

After the sale, Nick went back to Brooklyn for a nap (yes, that is the life of a 23 professor in the summer) and Evan and I got Jamba Juice and hung out in Union Square for awhile. YanSzi called me while we were out inviting us to dinner with Sylvia and Jackie at this Australian restaurant in Nolita called 8 Mile Creek. On the way to dinner, I stopped in at yet another Salvation army in the East Village to have a quick look. I found this AMAZING snakeskin purse for only $3! It is really nice and still has all of the tags on it. Apparently it is real snakeskin too (which is a little scary, no?)

I was so happy with my finds! I can't wait to wear them both this fall with some skinny jeans and feel like Edie Sedgewick!... or any other New York fashionista in the 60's/70's.

No comments:

Blog Archive