The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

END OF AN ERA: RIP Misshapes

So I just found out that last Saturday was the last Misshapes party EVER! I just can't believe it! In case you didn't know, The Misshapes are three DJs: Greg K., Leigh Lezark, and Geordon Nicol. The Misshapes party happens every Saturday at Don Hill's. It brings out the uber trendy set including the likes of model Agyness Deyn.Everyone from Madonna to Jenny Lewis to Hillary Duff has guest DJed.

The Misshapes also guest DJ mostly at fashion parties, but Don Hills on Saturday night is the heart of the Misshapes. They are one of the defining phenomenas of this fashion /hipster/downtown era. It's really sad to see this weekly tradition come to an end.

Every time I went, I danced up a storm; SO much fun! The ironic thing is that last Saturday I reallllly wanted to go to Misshapes, but we didn't.

To commemorate this ending, I am posting some pics of the party over the years. Recently, a book of Misshapes parties over the years was published by Powerhouse, check it out of you're interested.









No comments:

Blog Archive