The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Monday, April 07, 2008

AUTUMN SAYS

So this weekend I had a bit of phone drama. (and OH the drama it was!)

Friday, Brittany and I decided to meet for "a drink" at one of my favorite neighborhood bars. We honestly thought we'd have some food, and maybe one drink, take it easy, and then possibly meet Jordan later that night. Apparently Brittany and I have no self control because aforementioned did NOT happen. The (possibly) good thing is that by the time 9PM rolled around, we were ready to go home and collapse. After Brittany jumped into a cab on the corner of Ludlow and Rivington, I thought it would be a great idea to stumble to the pizza place on Essex and get a slice of olive and mushroom pizza before going home. Somehow, this idea involved me going to the good old Maison Dixon line to use the restroom.... BAD IDEA.

After the pizza, I jumped into the taxi and made my way back to my humble abode ready to slip into bed and wake up early the next morning for a Saturday all to myself. As soon as I walked into my apartment, I just knew that my phone was NOT on me. I dumped my purse out frantically and started searching for my iPhone... and just as I suspected, it was not there. After freaking my room mates out, I ran out the door determined to re-trace my steps and find my phone. 3 places, many strange looks, and 2 sore legs later, my phone was officially missing.

Saturday I woke up in a panic... I HAD TO FIND MY PHONE! My head was swimming with all kinds of horrendous thoughts....

I'VE LOST A VERY EXPENSIVE PHONE AND WILL HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!
WHAT IF MY DAD FINDS OUT?!?

Saturday, I did some very extensive detective work. I went to all the places from the night before, all the pawn shops on Delancey, every sketchy "we sell DVDS and phones" places between Houston and Delancey and the response was pretty much all the same, "Girly, it sucks that you lost your phone, but you're NEVER finding that thing". With defeat I walked to the Apple store in SoHo sad but ready to fork over another $450 for the new phone. Yes, this is a ridiculous amount to pay for a PHONE of all things, but I was going to be in HUGE trouble if my dad found out. Oddly enough, all of the Apple stores in Manhattan were out of iPhones.

BUT I NEEDED SOME KIND OF PHONE!

I went to ATT expecting the free old school flip phone that the Apple guy said I would get from them, but ALAS...

"We don't just GIVE you a PHONE when you lose your iPhone, yuo have to buy one. Why not just buy another iPhone?"
"The Apple store is out of phones."
"We sell them here now."
"Oh, really? Well... I mean, I don't know how I feel about buying another phone. My ex-boyfriend said that's dumb."
"He's your ex.. maybe he's dumb!"
"Yeah, ok, I guess I'll buy another one. But what if I find mine? Can I return it?"
"Yes, but that will never happen!"
"ok....."

As soon as I got home from my purchase my room mate sitting on the couch said, "I've got great news for you!!"

MY PHONE WAS FOUND!


The next day I returned the phone (had to pay a re-stocking fee... but whatever.)

Thank god for honest people!

Moral of the story: Don't EVER go to Mason Dixon line. Ever.

Just kidding! The obvious moral is to be more responsible and I know that.

All in all, despite the phone drama, I had a wonderful weekend.

Ta-Ta for now!
Autumn

No comments:

Blog Archive