The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Monday, April 07, 2008

AUTUMN SAYS

We all make bad fashion choices sometimes.... Even yours truly is known to make the occasional screw up. Case in point- today.

This morning was one of those days when you just know it's going to be a great day. I woke up before my alarm clock went off (which NEVER happens) and I knew that Jamba Juice was giving away free breakfast today. I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step and hurried to throw my clothes on so I would make it to Jamba in time.

I thought at the time that my outfit choice was cute- a super long striped t-shirt from an ex-boyfriend that doubles as a mini dress on me, a brown turtleneck sweater, my new Kate Moss for Topshop creme tuxedo jacket that I am currently obsessed with (and I scored it at the Barneys warehouse sale for practically nothing), brown opaque tights, a pair of vintage cowboy boots from screaming mimis, and a equestrian inspired hat that Jordan gave me.


I checked myself out a few times in the mirror before running to the subway. While heading down East Broadway, I felt a few odd glances in my direction. With each step that I took, I noticed that my dress was riding up from super cute mini to on the verge of inappropriate mini.... Then it hit me, my look for the day resembled a Kit Deluca ensemble!

In case you don't quite get the Pretty Woman reference, I felt like a total tramp! All that was missing was Sunset Blvd and a
pair of thigh highs in place of my opaque tights.

Now, I know a lot of people in my industry loathe Forever 21, but on this particular day, I was happy for their existence! 20 bucks bought me a super cute (and more appropriate) dress that I wore on top of my turtleneck- and a piece of my dignity back!


Hmmm, I take that back, I guess the look was a bit more Vivian Ward....

No comments:

Blog Archive