The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Friday, June 13, 2008

AUTUMN SAYS...

So have you ever been in a situation where you have a crush on two totally different guys(ie a banker and a hipster rocker)- but at the same time you happen to be in a long term relationship with someone that you absolutely love, care about, and respect?

Well I am in that situation--- kind of.

Let me be little less vague.

You see, I have lived in the lower east side for about 2 years now. We've got a good thing going. No, I'm not talking about BUYING in the les yet, but if things keep going well, I'd like to keep renting. I've kind of sort of met someone else though. Two other neighborhoods have caught my eye lately--- and they couldn't be more different from each other: The Upper East Side and Williamsburg.

Yes, I still love you, LES, but would it kill you to be just a little bit cleaner? No, no, no--- I'm not talking about the graffiti and other "art", I love that, but the actual trash can be a little too much at times. And what's up with all of your new friends from Queens and Jersey coming to visit on the weekends, huh? It's like I don't feel comfortable in my own home on the weekends! I can't walk to the deli on a Saturday night without running into limo or a bridesmaids party... I can't even have a drink at my favorite bar on Ludlow on a Friday without being accosted by some Queens diva on her SideKick 2.

Yes, I know you're great, LES. But the Upper East Side is just so clean and it doesn't wreak of Jersey trash on the weekends.

And yes, I love your uber-hip feel, LES, but Williamsburg has that too and it also has boys that don't take themselves too seriously.

What I'm trying to say is, maybe it's not you, it's me.

Let's try and stick this out just a little bit longer. We've gone through too much not to keep this going, right?

No comments:

Blog Archive