The life and times of an aspiring fashionista living in the Lower East Side.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

CHANGE.... of all sorts.

So next week is fashion week, and my invites are slowly but surely coming in.... still waiting on Alexander Wang, I don't know what's up with that!


I am actually starting a new job tomorrow. Starting tomorrow I am no longer freelance, no longer a "stylist" (although I still want to pursue it in any way that I can on the side), no longer will I have the BEST SCHEDULE EVER. Tomorrow I will become an "Associate Press Account Manager" at a fashion PR agency. Yep, I start tomorrow.

With fashion week right around the corner, I will without a doubt be jumping straight into the deep water. Although this job doesn't have the schedule perks that the freelancing did, it does have a few benefits which include:
* CLOTHING ALLOWANCE! CLOTHING ALLOWANCE!CLOTHING ALLOWANCE!
* Steady pay where as freelance of course is not as steady
* Insurance

ok, but did you hear about the CLOTHING ALLOWANCE?

Just checking.

In other news, Obama just gave his speech at the DNC. God, I hope he wins. He HAS to win. I don't really know what will happen to this country if another republican is elected for another 4 years.

Evan is at the DNC. It's kind of like his fashion week. Only it only comes around every 4 years. I wish I was there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey autumn, congrats on the job! sorry 'bout not getting back to you the last time i commented...it was actually a pretty hectic time (i was switching jobs) and i've been commuting to JERSEY CITY everyday...yeahhh

i guess i'm just really hard to satisfy when it comes to jobs, b/c i've put in my two weeks notice and will be jobless in about a week, haha

but i would actually really love to get together with you sometime and just catch up...i'm sure you will be much busier these days, but let me know if you're ever available

~danika

Blog Archive